InOutsource is the premier provider of unbiased records management and information governance consulting services to the legal industry. Our services allow law firms to implement a comprehensive Information Governance Program with a focus on improving efficiency, reducing risk, and reducing costs. Today’s legal industry supports multiple methodologies for the management of client matter information. Law firms turn to InOutsource for a variety of reasons; from a concern over compliance with professional responsibility rules and outside client guidelines to the logistical concerns associated with an office move or merger.
InOutsource is the only company offering and implementing legal-focused consulting and project management services.
InOutsource’s team of consultants and project managers have worked extensively with clients in the legal industry to improve information management processes. Our approach to working with law firms always begins with a comprehensive assessment to document the current state of a law firm’s operations. We utilize a variety of approaches to complete our analysis, with an eye towards keeping costs to our clients at a minimum.
Our comprehensive analysis is comprised of:
- A thorough questionnaire and a list of requested documentation prior to start of analysis
- One-on-one interviews – either in-person or virtual – with key stakeholders and administrative staff
- Remote web conferencing as needed to view software environments and evaluate prior implementation and design decisions
An initial legal benchmarking assessment allows us to better understand the history behind the formation of policies and procedures, previous software deployment decisions, and the business usage of records from the perspective of the end user.
The legal benchmarking assessment examines the creation and management of client matter information from the matters’ lifecycle perspective. It provides the framework to formulate specific recommendations for creating a culture of “less paper” and complying with Information Governance policy and processes.
Our typical analysis consists of:
- Collection and analysis of advance documentation
- Onsite interviews and information collection
- Additional remote interviews, as needed
- Scheduled project planning meetings
- Preparation and presentation of findings and recommendations
- Development of deliverables to meet the needs of multiple audiences